THE HCS TEAM
Healthcare Cost Solutions employs HIM professionals whose work ethic and quality standards are among the highest in the industry. Thus, we are always looking for individuals who:
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Part-Time Remote Professional Fee Auditor –E&M and Minor Surgical Procedures
- Job Responsibilities:
- Perform coding quality audits of professional fee services, specifically Surgical and E&M areas to assure appropriateness and accurate code assignments, modifers and E&M levels in accordance with Center of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines.
- Evaluates the quality of clinical documentation to identify incomplete or inconsistent documentation that could impact the quality of data being reported.
- Audits codes and professional fee services performed by providers from medical records according to ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, and CMS guidelines.
- Develops and coordinates education and training regarding the elements of coding such as appropriate documentation, accurate coding, coding trends found during chart reviews.
- Meets with the providers or coders to review the audit findings and to recommend ways to improve when indicated.
- Prepares written reports of the audit findings by provider/practice.
- Responsible for maintaining up to date knowledge of coding guidelines as they relate to professional services.
- 3+ Years of Professional Coding Experience in Multi-Specialty, Surgical, plus E&M, with an emphasis in Cardiology, Neurology, and Spine.
- Minimum 3 + Years of an active CCS, CCS-P, or CPC Certification Required.
- Working knowledge of CMS coding and documentation rules and regulations
- Able to identify and apply rules and regulations as they relate to professional service audits
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and payer-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding, and billing
- Ability to analyze and identify opportunities in documentation improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Maintain confidentiality of client and departmental information
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of CPT-4, ICD-10 and HCPCS coding
- Organized and detail-oriented, with proven ability to multi-task
- Position is Per Diem or Part-Time, Flexible Weekdays and Some Weekends
Remote Inpatient Coder
Seeking Full-Time/Part-Time, (32 Hours +) Inpatient Remote Coder. Applicant must have 4-5 years minimum coding experience in an acute care hospital setting.
Current CCS, RHIA, or RHIT credential required.
Must have inpatient coding experience with Strokes, Heart Attacks, Diabetes and Stemi’s.
Current Experience in These Environments Required:
Level II Trauma Center
Labor / Delivery
Inpatient Mental Health Care
Achieves and maintains 95% accuracy
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
– Ability to consistently code at 95% accuracy and quality while maintaining client specified production standards
– Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-10-CM and CPT.
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
– Able to handle confidential information
– Organized and detail-oriented, with proven ability to multi-task
– Reliable computer hardware
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
– AA degree, or equivalent
– Credential in CCS, RHIA, or RHIT
– 4-5 years + coding experience in an acute care hospital setting
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract