HIM Department Interim Management
When in need of an HIM Medical Records Director, Supervisor, or other key personnel, Healthcare Cost Solutions (HCS) can provide credentialed leadership staff experienced in the management of day-to-day operations to keep the department operating smoothly and control the DNFB in times of transition.
HIM Operational Assessment
During periods of management transition, a review of operations and workflow within the health information management department can serve as an invaluable tool for restructuring and maximizing resources. A detailed assessment of the following areas will be presented in a written summary:
- - Flow of data and information from point of registration to permanent shelf filing;
- - Compliance with critical Joint Commission and Title 22 standards;
- - Staffing skills;
- - Productivity quality and quantity standards;
- - Operational budget;
- - Customer service quality
- - Opportunities with recommendations for improvement
Revenue Cycle Analysis
HCS consultants will assess and analyze your HIM department for all aspects of revenue cycle improvement specific to the facility and/or organization's needs and goals.
Joint Commission Survey Information Management Preparedness
HCS consultants will assess and prepare your HIM department for the JCAHO/CALS survey process.
- HCS consultants will assess and prepare your HIM department and ancillary departments for compliance and ongoing maintenance.
OSHPD / MIRCal Data Corrections
HCS offers on-site help in your online editing of OSHPD / MIRCal data. We have experts who are well seasoned in the reporting requirements for inpatient, ambulatory surgery, and emergency department cases. Let HCS submit your files to OSHPD and correct the data submissions, while training your staff in OSHPD / MIRCal logic or mapping.